-----------------------------------------------------
NOT AGAIN!! I'm back in the principal's office. The #1 Fan Letterman's Jacket presented to me by Tom Cassie at the 30th reunion is now on display at our Alma Mater. 65 years ago I was called in for shooting the wrapper off a straw in the cafeteria. OK, maybe I was just kicked out of the cafeteria.
-----------------------------------------------------
This 1946 photo (perhaps colorized) of our hated rival Hoover appeared on the internet recently. That's pretty much the way I remember it when I attended Summer School right after 9th grade at Horace Mann. Below is a 2011 photo of the rebuild. Pretty cool.
-----------------------------------------------------
A brisk walk from Hoover, and across the street, was Don Jose's, where I had my first taste of Mexican Food. I was too young to appreciate it. Click HERE to revisit the Don Jose Page.
-----------------------------------------------------
I've added Ken Burns' '50 Chevy to the Heap of the Week Page.
-----------------------------------------------------
Rick Layton '71 shares some swell stuff from the 1957 Oak Park Little League Championship Game in which his brother Ron Layton '66 played. Rick was the Team Mascot. Click HERE and enjoy.
-----------------------------------------------------
DyAnn Richardson Candee ’62 passed away September 27th. She worked at Pacific Bell after graduation, where she met her husband Ralph. They moved to Cottonwood, Arizona after retiring. Dyann suffered from dementia and is survived by, among others, her sister Laralee ’67 (Remember Busco-Nestor? They did our Senior Photos. DyAnn's is nicely tinted. I wonder what year they switched to real color)
-----------------------------------------------------
65 YEARS AGO
San Diego Union • October 7, 1961
-----------------------------------------------------
60 YEARS AGO
Evening Tribune • October 8, 1966
-----------------------------------------------------
55 YEARS AGO
Evening Tribune • October 7, 1971
-----------------------------------------------------
50 YEARS AGO
San Diego Union • October 3, 1976
-----------------------------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment