For people who attended Crawford High School or would have attended if they hadn't
moved -- or just have fond memories of San Diego in the '40s, '50s and '60s.

Check out the Crawford High web site.

Friday, October 4, 2019

October 4, 2019



I can see why stores advertise Christmas six weeks early.  They want you to get in and buy and buy and buy.  I can't figure out why they're promoting Halloween a month out.  Maybe they're hoping you'll get your Trick or Treat candy early.  We all know what happens then.  (Hint: you end up going back and buying more)



I must have fallen asleep in the Barcalounger watching Ken Kramer, 'cause I woke up and was looking at my own self.  I looked pretty good, probably because it was a rerun of an interview Ken did many years ago.  CLICK here if you'd like to check it out.  It's not exactly a spoiler alert, but I think the episode is about 20 minutes into a 25 minute show.



Sharon Culver Considine '60 will be honored by the Rancho Santa Fe Women's Golf Club at its annual Breast Cancer Golf Tournament on October 8th.  “Honoring Sharon for all that she has done for the Women’s Golf Club and this event, in particular, is long over due. Our women’s golf group has been so fortunate to have such an experienced and dedicated leader like Sharon,” said this year’s chair Kris Charton.  Click HERE for more details and "the rest of the story". 



My neighbor Sandy wandered over this week with a copy of the 1935 Hoover High annual.  Aha -- said I!!  Ted Williams and Les Cassie!!  Well, sort of.  Les Cassie, father of Tom '62 and Jim '65, is in the annual as a Senior, but not in the baseball team photo.  Ted Williams is in the team photo but not pictured as a Senior.  Maybe he wasn't a Senior.  I'm sure the Cassies will clear things up.  Click HERE to check out the snippets I posted on my web site.



Our old friend Paula Kincaid forwards an excellent Remember the '50s video.  They've done a great job with the background music.  CLICK here for a delightful seven-minute journey. You'll look long and hard for any African-Americans in this clip.  Kind of like my three years at Crawford.  I can't imagine what it must have been like to turn on the TV and never see anyone that looked like you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment