For people who attended Crawford High School or would have attended if they hadn't
moved -- or just have fond memories of San Diego in the '40s, '50s and '60s.

Check out the Crawford High web site.

Friday, July 5, 2019

July 5, 2019



I try to avoid sharing bad news about Crawford graduates, but sometimes I can't help myself.  Linda Blake Morrow '70 and her husband were recently apprehended in Israel, having been on the run since 2017 -- charged with fraud.  Click HERE to read all about it.



I thought this was a better version of a Palisade Gardens photo we've seen before, but it's a different image posted on Facebook by Brooks Wilson who found it on the Library of Congress web site.



Max Van Horn put this photo on Facebook, adding "I borrowed these from the Midway and Campus drive-ins on the nights they closed. If they ever re-open I will return them. The one from the Midway says so but the Campus was marked United Cal, I believe it was an owners group."



I misspoke last week when I said the photo below was taken in front of the downtown library at 815 E Street.  It was taken in front of the downtown post office at 815 E Street.  I snagged a snippet of a 1947 Howard Rozelle aerial that shows the post office.  You're also looking at the back of the Carnegie Library that preceded the one most of us grew up with.  I suppose that mailbox is down there somewhere.






Maria Navarro Coyle ’67, my childhood friend of 60 plus years, and neighbor growing up on 49th Street, passed away June 25th.  After numerous bouts with cancer over the years, the big evil C has taken her from us.  I was one of her bridesmaids in 1967 and was honored to attend the 50th wedding anniversary of Maria and Marshall Coyle in September 2017 in Madison, Alabama, where they have lived since leaving San Diego many years ago.  I was also able to visit with her the first week of June, along with her sister Anita Navarro Baldwin '63 and brother Jose Navarro '68.  Maria will be sadly missed -- Kathy Keeyes Antus ’68

No comments:

Post a Comment