For people who attended Crawford High School or would have attended if they hadn't
moved -- or just have fond memories of San Diego in the '40s, '50s and '60s.

Check out the Crawford High web site.

Friday, June 14, 2019

June 14, 2019



I'm not exactly sure how you're supposed to celebrate Flag Day -- but enjoy!!



The flags are just a coincidence, but I thought you might like to revisit the web page I posted on School Savings Stamps, Green Stamps and Blue Chip Stamps.  Click HERE to check it out.



Sharon Whitley Larsen and Janet Chelberg Burgess (Colts from the Class of '69) recently had dinner near the London Eye with their respective spouses, Carl and John.  Janet's once again involved in planning the Class of '69's reunion --t he 50th! --on August 17th at the Bali Hai.  (I had to look it up.  That's the London Eye below.  I wonder what they had for dinner -- Bubble and Squeak?)





Here are four '70 classmates at the Lake Elsinore Storm baseball game Tuesday night.  From left, Craig Juleen, Gary Gallerstein, Harry Krewsun and Wayne Zucker.  Game time temperature at 6 PM was 98 degrees, so no sweaters needed for these geezers!  



Remember when the airport was on Pacific Highway?  This photo popped up on Facebook this week and I thought I'd share it.  I'm not sure what year it is.  That looks like a '57 Ford with the trunk lid up.  The VW at the right has one of the old yellow on black license plates.  



I've just learned of the passing of Bill Graham '64 on March 1, 2018 following heart surgery.  Bill went to Majuro, in the Marshall Islands, as a Peace Corps Volunteer in 1969.  In his obituary in the Marshall Islands Journal, it said he “spent over three decades of his life fighting for nuclear testing justice for Marshall Islanders”.  He died on the 64th anniversary of the Bravo hydrogen bomb test at Bikini Atoll.  Click HERE to read the complete obituary.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John, I believe the old airport photo shows a 1959 Ford. The '57 was similar, and the photo is not high quality. The '59s had a wide chrome V across the trunk. The '57s did not.

    I took driver training the summer of 1959 at Hoover High School in (you guessed it) a 1959 Ford. I got my driver's license in July, That will be 60 years ago next month.

    Mike Fry, '60.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Love the Colt Corral. In the airport picture I believe that is a 59 Ford.
    My first car. I traded a South Coast surfboard and $20 bucks for the honor of having that beast.

    ReplyDelete