For people who attended Crawford High School or would have attended if they hadn't
moved -- or just have fond memories of San Diego in the '40s, '50s and '60s.

Check out the Crawford High web site.

Friday, December 30, 2016

December 30, 2016


Best wishes to you as the last few grains of sand disappear from the 2016 hourglass



I don't know if there are tax benefits involved, but you might want to end the year making a donation to the Crawford High Foundation.  Click HERE to learn more.




Newsletter subscription renewal envelopes went out to Class of '67 subscribers this week.  I no longer mail to all of the addresses in my database, so if you've been thinking about renewing click HERE for details.



I finally located a trifecta of Crawford aerials taken in 1957, 1960 and 1961.  I showed them once before, but thought they were worth another look.  Click HERE to check them out.



Did you ever hang out at the Admiral Baker swimming pool?  I took this shot in 1964 -- I think -- and recently shared it on Facebook.  



While looking for the Crawford aerials above, I came across a page of snapshots I shared some years ago and thought you might like to see them again.  I think Rob Wied is stuffing Gary Bonwell in a trash can.  Gary looks about 12, so this may have been taken at Horace Mann.  Click HERE to take a gander.



Speaking of Horace Mann, I learned this week that Math teacher Robert Press passed away on Christmas Day.  He was married to my classmate Cheryl Donk.  We think services will be held at Greenwood on January 7th.  I'll share details when I get them.



Mike Falconer '64 died on December 12th in Concrete, Washington, where he had lived for some years.  I'll have more details at a later date.



Joe Spry passed away November 29th in Kennewick, Washington.  Click HERE to read an obituary.

No comments:

Post a Comment