For people who attended Crawford High School or would have attended if they hadn't
moved -- or just have fond memories of San Diego in the '40s, '50s and '60s.

Check out the Crawford High web site.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 15, 2016

THE SKY IS GETTING light in the East and a beautiful day is forecast for Pacific Beach and San Diego.  Nancy and I will try to fight through the construction to breakfast at the Waffle Spot -- or not.


I wonder if Sandy Shapery '61 played Monopoly as a youth.  I remember all-day games on my block, interrupted only by a quick lunch.  I got to thinking about all this when I spotted a photo in the Union-Tribune of what some of us, and Sandy, call the Gas and Electric Building.  Turns out Sandy owns the building, wants to remodel it, and is interested in your suggestions.  Click HERE to read all about it.



Class of '64 grads, or at least the ones who bought an annual, will recognize this photo from the yearbook's frontispiece.  I've tried to blend the two pages into one for your viewing pleasure.  Click HERE to see an enlargement.



This superb photo of downtown La Mesa and the Helix Theater showed up this week on Greg Mays' Vintage San Diego Facebook page.  I liked it so much I enlarged it and put it on my web site.  Click HERE to check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment