For people who attended Crawford High School or would have attended if they hadn't
moved -- or just have fond memories of San Diego in the '40s, '50s and '60s.

Check out the Crawford High web site.

Monday, July 19, 2010

It's NOT Annette Funicello?

When I saw your photos last week I thought, YIKES -- John thinks he's got Annette and Frankie there. Who am I to ruin the spell? Those truly were "Happy Days" in which we learned to dance with a doorknob and American Bandstand. We loved cruising drive-ins on Friday nights and thought we were going to live forever. Ted Hazlewood was my brother Jim's best friend. His entire family even came to my mother's funeral a few years ago -- Sharon Mass '61

3 comments:

  1. It's funny how I remember names from back so far. I remember the name Sharon Mass, we were in the same '61 class, but that's it... can't remember the face or anything more. I'm sure with a few reminders more will come back...although having been rather shy back then, maybe not...

    This is a fun blog, keep it up!

    Patty Wilkerson, aka Patsi Benter Krakoff, aka The Blog Squad, WritingontheWeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. come on patty, your head must have been in the clouds back then, sharon mass was the head songleader that year and one of the cutest and nicest of any of the girls at crawford that year.

    if you would have gone to any school rallys or sporting events, you would have seen lots of her.

    just check out your annual if interested.

    denny bishop, class of 61

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Denny, go easy on Patty. She's been living out of the country for a long time (now in Ajijic, Mexico)--Crawford's a longer time ago for her than for you and me. Let's not scare her off now that she's making a Crawford comeback--I'm hoping to see her at our 50th reunion next year!

    Bob Richardson '61

    ReplyDelete