For people who attended Crawford High School or would have attended if they hadn't
moved -- or just have fond memories of San Diego in the '40s, '50s and '60s.

Check out the Crawford High web site.

Friday, July 12, 2024

July 12, 2024

 

I couldn't wait until Halloween to share this.


Click HERE for an enlargement of the best fireworks photo ever.  It was taken last Thursday from Point Loma.




Here's a 1962 photo of a Rugby match at San Diego State.  I didn't even know there was a Rugby team, but I loved the view of the college as I remember it.  Click HERE for a larger view.



A recent Channel 8 News Throwback featured a long-ago interview with 1936 Hoover graduates Roy Engle and Walt Harvey on a return visit to the school.  Coach Harvey was my counselor at Crawford.   Click HERE to watch the interview on YouTube.



In 1950 some early models of the Convair B-36 were flown to San Diego to have jet engines added.  Click HERE for before and after photos.




Turns out it was an autosuggest malfunction.  I thought it strange that my childhood pal Ken Ptack -- a Naval Academy graduate who still lives in Maryland -- texted me to find out how old Annapolis was.  Turns out he'd seen a recent Facebook photo of my friend Anna and wanted to know how old SHE was.  Click HERE to see why.





No comments:

Post a Comment