

Stephen's final performance will take place in San Diego on August 21, 2027 at the Balboa Theatre, not to be confused with Balboa Stadium where The Beatles played their first, last and only San Diego concert.

Stephen (no, I can't call him Steve) is a regular Fry Day reader and is offering Crawford Colts a 10% discount on tickets purchased during the next two weeks. Click HERE and use the code BISH10. Tickets in Rows 1 and 2 include a limited-edition collectible tote bag and merchandise package.
-----------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
Let's leave last week's llamas in the A & P parking lot and see what's happening on the east side of 54th.

Let's revisit the Don's Hamburger Page and see who this girl is. I took the picture in 1959. "A pretty girl is like a melody" or -- from some others -- "You always WERE a pervert." Such talk.
-----------------------------------------------------

Can you even SEE Andrew Jackson Elementary from the street? I snagged this photo off of Joe Dyke's page. Click HERE to look at his class photos. You can almost read the names of a lot of the kids.
-----------------------------------------------------

I've spiffed up the color photo, taken on the Horace Mann steps, of Larry Okmin's 1958 tribute to Mr. Bob Sanford. Click HERE to check it out.
-----------------------------------------------------

I've used ChatGTP to improve the photo of the cheerleaders for the 1969 Horace Mann Student-Faculty basketball game. Click HERE to learn more. One of these girls played volleyball in the 1988 Olympics.
-----------------------------------------------------
65 YEARS AGO



San Diego Union • October 14, 1961
-----------------------------------------------------
60 YEARS AGO

Evening Tribune • October 10, 1966
-----------------------------------------------------
50 YEARS AGO

San Diego Union • October 11, 1976
No comments:
Post a Comment