I'm not sure if this is BEFORE the Trojan Horse trick, or after they gain access to the castle.
-----------------------------------------------------
Remember going to the Comanche Bowl with the family and seeing Dad pick up the 7-10 split, sit back down with a towel around his neck, take a swig out of his Manhattan, a drag out of a still-lit cigarette, and get back out on the lanes? Remember what Comanche Bowl became? Click HERE and recollect.
-----------------------------------------------------
I ran this map from the 1968-1969 Crawford handbook through ChatGTP. It came out gorgeous -- and wrong. Click HERE to see both versions and search for the errors.
-----------------------------------------------------
I did it AGAIN! I thought it might be time to revisit the Cars We Drove To School page and Carlos "Big Kahuna" practically DARED me to spiff up his photo. Click HERE to check out the car show.
-----------------------------------------------------
50 YEARS AGO
San Diego Union • July 25, 1976 -- Looks like the Big Kahuna and Gidget got hitched.
----------------------------------------------------
In for a penny, in for a pound • I'm pretty sure Carlos graced the local air waves. Here's the first paragraph of his Wikipedia entry: "Carlos Amezcua is an American journalist best known for his sixteen years as the original co-anchor for the KTLA Morning News, with Barbara Beck as his co-anchor, Mark Kriski handling weather and Sam Rubin reporting on the entertainment industry."
-----------------------------------------------------
65 YEARS AGO
Evening Tribune • July 29, 1961 -- My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.
No comments:
Post a Comment